What did you do to your car today?

Altezza-Dan said:
all back together again, bought an irish shape reg plate so it doesnt get in the way of air hitting the intercooler. Went for a test drive and popped a pipe off on first sign of boost, had to push the car into the hard shoulder out of the way, all tightened up and went for another spin and solid! sounds great on full boost with that bit of flutter when you ease off. Needs a tweak map though , so need to go out and get some logs and send them on to Joe. Definitely a two man job installing one of these!

IMG_20121210_151259.jpg
looks great dan :thumbsup: theres some noise difference to a b4 once you fit a front mount
 
chris139ryan said:
looks great dan :thumbsup: theres some noise difference to a b4 once you fit a front mount

Well lots of intake noises and turbo fluttering to be heard, driving like a pig until i get a tweak map off Joe, Car doesnt know what to do with all this extra cold air its being treated to!
 
Are these 18" or 17" Ross? They look really good! :thumbsup:

What I've done yesterday...
For a couple of months now, my DCCD gearbox developed some issues - when engaging the 4th gear on high revvs , it had some crunching.. very irritating thing... looked like the synchro started giving up.
I've been using Castrol Syntrax for around 15k miles, so I thought maybe its time to replace it. - I filled up with Motul Gear300 which is recommended, but the annoying 4th gear crunch didn't go away. :icon_hang:

I will be taking the 6 speed route at some stage, but at the moment money is tight and different priorities prevail.

So I did a little bit of research and found out about "Andretech Cocktail" Its nothing else but a mixture of RedLine Ligthweight Shockproof (so called Smurf's blood because of its colour) and ... Motul Gear 300.
Apparently the redline on its own is too thick, so what i did was used 50/50 mixture, as the latest Andretech development says.
What can I say... Night and Day... the crunch is non existent at all, all other engage smooth like on butter!
I'm actually surprised it worked so well. :thumbsup:
 
got my leaking overflow coolant tank issue fixed, still had lots of air in the system, also got new mounting bracket for it so its nice and secure now. I also got oil and filter change done, trimmed the under tray to fit properly with the new fmic so that i could bolt it on through the under tray too
 
Back
Top