Where to buy a set of Coil Packs and pfr7b NGK plugs?

no dave think u will find yogi was advised to bring them along to the sesion not told to fit before hand read yogi's post so as said just givin my opinion but once different to yours u have problem well as said your takin up this fella's tread want to continue with your crap do through pm or u have my number no problem sorry yogi goodluck with the map

pm or number?????????

yeah i do yeah????

wrong site for that bullshit??

and who'd advise someone to bring along 4 brand new coilpacks was my point.... stick with this..........

oh when will u learn u always have to get the last word well go ahead wont change my posts for u again due to your constant moanin cause i gave my opinion which was not to buy 4 but to buy new simple as that

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=2079.msg19050#msg19050 date=1177025432]
pm or number?????????

yeah i do yeah????

wrong site for that bullshit??

and who'd advise someone to bring along 4 brand new coilpacks was my point.... stick with this..........
[/quote]

No you didnet you said I advised him to fit them in advance 3 or 4 posts up. Seems your the one who dident read it. And yes id advise him to have a spare set becue they will be used at some stage and not a waste of money.

Also if you read my other post above about worn coils and bad when you try to run higher boost.

sorry i've read every post............    as above you say have a spare set which is 4....  which is stupid advice...... PERIOD.........

Ive given a few reasons why its advisable and a good idea to have a spare set or even a brand new set fitted and you just keep saying its stupid and thats it  :dunno: Yogi can decide and make a decision for himself what he thinks is best. Ive given him my opinon and advise after seeing it happen first hand on a number of occasions with people disapointed they couldent be mapped due to it.

Cant believe your suggesting he scrimps on a set of coilpacks after geting the nice forged engine etc. His own or a set of second hand ones may be ok and a grand replacement like for like but then again they may be no better then the ones he has already, especially considering he will be intending to run more than standard boost which is where the problem will come. Heat and time does detereate the coilpacks so false economy buying used ones.

Jayzus.....!!!!
Talking about takin out the handbags....

To be honest, I don't fancy spending €600 on coils plus the €500 for the mapping plus a new set of plugs. Will try ringing the API crowd today and see what price they are. I take it that's £50 sterling + P&P each (approx €80 delivered). Still not exactly cheap if buying 4.
I might just pull about 3 coils (or maybe all 4) out of my 96 WRX wagon, and my brother has a spare one for his legacy. If I go up with 4 or 5 spares, that should have me well covered. I will see from the mapping session then which ones are fooked or not.
If I need to replace a coil or 4, I won't buy second hand, I'll def buy new, but to buy a full new set for a "just incase" situation seems a bit excessive alright.
Will suss out what they cost new and if they are not too bad I might buy 2 before hand and have them spare. Can't see more than 2 coil packs taking a dump on me.
Will def put in the new plugs etc. Small job and cheap.

Anyway cheers for the input lads, appreciate it - even with the claws and all... Ha ha ha..

Let us know how much they are from API. Cant see them being 600 euro. Its not only that they will fail but be worn / old and wont handle the increased  boost of the map. There has been lots of cars with old packs that have been fine for mapping aswell so just worth thinking about.

Damo
ps replied in your post then took it out.

Right, just off the phone with API.

They are the single bolted coil packs ya? Too lazy to go outside to the carpark to check...

They said that they are £48 (sterling) + £25 p&p. Not too bad really I suppose.

Any where else worth trying or is this about as good as I'll get?

Ive tried a couple places thismorn and thats the going rate. Think ill get a set myself now.

your car dosen't have coil packs damien?????   :lol: :lol:

v3-6 had 1 top mount coil pack which is like a distribitour on most cars with ignition leads coming out of it...

if one failed it'd more then likely be a lead..  but if it was the unit causing one to fail you'd replace the 1 black coil unit.  no 4 indvidual coil packs on your car to buy a set for.... :ponder: :ponder:

Now now boys....!!! Here's me tellin the mods to calm down... Ha ha ha....!!!

Any takers for a club Utlimate Fighting Championship session. Would be some laugh. Think we might have found the contenders to the main event..!!!

WOW your super quick to jump on that one  :clap:. How come you havent  been so quick to jump or reply to any of the points ive made on mapping with older worn coilpacks on the early cars. Or when the mapper is out on the duel carriage way or motorway and he has to keep stoping the mapping to pr*** about with coils, then start agian and Oh another problem here we go half the day gone. There has been a large number of cars with coilpacks that where not good enough for the map, but how you know better is beyond me considering you where never there to see.

Yogi

The last 4 mapping days i was at 2 cars
had this prob.

So what mods have you done before the map ????

Hope all goes well.

Niall.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2079.msg19072#msg19072 date=1177059261]
Ive tried a couple places thismorn and thats the going rate. Think ill get a set myself now.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Im sure you should be able to customize a set to fit you car and do away with the SINGLE coil pack and leads thats on your car :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: after all your a magician with subaru's :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=2079.msg19111#msg19111 date=1177070635]
Yogi

The last 4 mapping days i was at 2 cars
had this prob.

So what mods have you done before the map ????

Hope all goes well.

Niall.
[/quote]

Not fully sure what mods are done to it tbh. I bought Davelegacy's old STi wagon. I got a forged re-build in it etc so just need to get the whole lot mated up. Basically at present the knock sensor goes mad when pushed on so I've limited back down to 4k when running it in after the rebuild.
She has now got the mileage done, is off the road, need to change the oil and waiting for the mapping session. Can't wait. Have been nursing the thing since I've bought it. Have not felt its full potential yet. Taking my time though and doing everything right as I plan on keeping her for a while.

Back