Xbox or PS3?

Xbox or PS3?

• Total voters

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Looking at buying a games console lads and not sure which to go for.

Are there new models of either console coming out soon?

there will probably be replacements out in 2012.

Xbox all the way for online play and online community

ps3 for blu ray player and GT5

Not really into online playing so the balance tips in favour of the PS3 :lol:

Kinect is brilliant the games are a bit basic but the potential is amazing...the girlfriend hates video games and now she can't enough of Kinect sports..which is a good and a bad thing..means I don't get sh!t for playing PES for 3 hours..but she is using when i want to.
So my vote is with X box

my vote will go primarly on controller design , while xbox has evolved , ps3 has the exact same shape controller as ps1 which is donkeys old at this stage .

ps3(evo) is better but xbox(sti) is more fun !!

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=28785.msg334782#msg334782 date=1296059997]
my vote will go primarly on controller design , while xbox has evolved , ps3 has the exact same shape controller as ps1 which is donkeys old at this stage .

ps3(evo) is better but xbox(sti) is more fun !!
[/quote]

The xbox 360 controller is no different to the original xbox...

I have both and it's tough to decide between them.

If u intend on buying a bluray player in the future then go with the ps3

I have a PS3 and cann't complain but I'm going to get the X box soon for the Kinect games so I'll have a wii and wii fit up for sale soon.

this topic is always the same when it comes up some swear by x box some by ps3 its up to you

i'm a ps3 user always will be and simply because i've always had a playstation from when they first came out,

my kid has an X Box and a PS3 but never uses the X Box

but just remember The Red Ring Of Death on the sh1t box i mean X Box

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=28785.msg334832#msg334832 date=1296070840]

but just remember The Red Ring Of Death on the sh1t box i mean X Box
[/quote]

only on old models

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=28785.msg334778#msg334778 date=1296057918]
Not really into online playing so the balance tips in favour of the PS3 :lol:
[/quote]

Neither was i untill santy arrived with x box last year.modern warefare

Brought ps3 this year gt5 and mw

Not that i get to use either (both up in kids room "not allowed make me own profile cos im brutal") think the xbox is a bit better.

:smokin:

im a playstation man had one from when they first came out, still have my ps1, 3 ps2's and i got the ps3 the day after they came out and it has never gave me any trouble, but i will be getting an xbox soon only for forza that game is unreal

@ brian , do u not remember the size of the black "spaceship" controller on the first xbox , sure you'd nearly need a seperate bag if you were bringin it anywhere !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

think they roughly halved it when the 360 came out !! imo

luv me "box" even if im on my fourth (ring of death), but have also never paid for replacements , xbox are good like that unlike playstation , again just my opinion

Im kind of favouring the Xbox at the moment purely on the basis I have had the PS1 and 2 and fancy something different. Still undecided though :dontknow:

They way I look at it Xbox can do anything playstation can do apart from blue-ray and GT5....the X box has the kinect controller the playstation you have to hold that stupid ball thing in your hand...X box is cheaper as well

xbox can aslo play music while u play games , something i slag my ps3 mate about !!

if not goin online, ps3 can now be jailbroken so as u can download games onto it , and never have to buy another €50 disc , just rent and download

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=28785.msg334996#msg334996 date=1296137668]
xbox can aslo play music while u play games , something i slag my ps3 mate about !!

if not goin online, ps3 can now be jailbroken so as u can download games onto it , and never have to buy another €50 disc , just rent and download

[/quote]

You can play your own music now in game at least with certain games
ive always been playstation i find the quality better and as for online i like the fact you dont have to pay for it as you do with xbox

Re: Xbox or PS3? UPDATE

Got a 320GB PS3 today

GT5
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Online Essentials Pack
:multijump:

PSN: LaunchPadMcFly

Back