2015 Honda Type R Thread

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
have a real dislike for the post 99 typr -r civic . well overpriced , and jus not anywhere near on par with other cars of the same price bracket imo . they look like fu*k all to me (espically that spioler ) and if given one for free id probably use it for a week and then sellsellsell , .

no way no how , never !

Just like another Jap brand not too far from my heart. Honda have again wowed us with under achievement. 280 horse is a bit crap from a new performance 2.0 turbo car these days. Its like they are 5 years behind the likes of Ford, even Renault FFS. :icon_hang:
I know they have the 280hp rule in Japan, but maybe that rule needs looking at too if they are to remain competitive. It's not like it will sip petrol either and probably cost over 40,000 grand when it lands here due to emmissions and VRT(Vehicular robbery tax). :puke3:

That rule is gone afaik, it is low alright when compared to the rs focus 305 bhp but the fastest Renault is 275 rs and most other hot hatches are around there also it will also not be a revving vtec we all are used to as the it only revs to 6500-7000 afaik, but of a disappointment tbh hope the new rs is better

Yeah the 280hp rule in Japan was lifted about 10 years ago as far as I remember, they run a speed limiter now

On the type R, not a fan... Id prefer a high reving N/A vtec :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of the look of it (that's if they make it looking like that) but not a fan of the engine and performance ????

I just love the enginering that goes into the type r and the pureness of the hi rev (till now) Na engines but as we know progress emmissions and making engines more efficient means that them screamers are all gone now Few years ago toyota stoped production of there Vvtli and Honda in fairness to them hung in there.
But they had to go forced induction for reasons above and to close the performance gap 200 bhp never going to cut it when Astra Vxr 277 Megan 275 Rs Focus 305 ect

The quoted power figure of this car is at least 275 and expected to be 300 but a type r with that kind of power will handle and be devestatingly fast and with the turbo should solve the main v tec issues of no low down power and no Toqure

When I think of recent disapointments and a total lazy attatude I think of the job done on the latest Subaru sti transplanting the exact same 2.5 that was in the hawk straight into the new model at least honda are trying something new (for them) and trying to inovate.

There's a car that should have had new tec and 350 bhp min output and would get danced on by this Type r and cars mentioned above

Ciaran WRX

I like it but it doesn't sound great like a flat four,

It's the 4 doors that I'd be after
loads of grip and its a quick car
fook what it looks like

Lovely car alright keith drove one myself too not exactly a daily driver though unreal hard on the road still v exciting

I'll go one better I'd have same car but the mugen rr in red savage

Mugen Civiс RR vs S2000: http://youtu.be/sukHNCNGpns

Ciaran WRX

Me cuz has one think it's a 08 think he played 42 for it back then used think it was a year old with 15 k on the clock

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43476.msg499436#msg499436 date=1418479253]
Me cuz has one think it's a 08 think he played 42 for it back then used think it was a year old with 15 k on the clock
[/quote]
What model is your cousins type r

Back