General Election Opinion Poll

If there were a general election tomorrow, to which party or independent candidate would you give yo

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
the govt got that budget wrong for sure. How can I pay more tax on my salary than a person with the same situation as myself earning 5k more pay less tax than I do? Tell me Thats fair.

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=28117.msg328472#msg328472 date=1292730886]
great thread nodge.

we will never find the problem or the the solution but bertie did get out at the right time, and cowen did get the brown end of the stick, how we go from here is another question but i know its not back towards were we were 3 or 4 years ago and it will never be like that again, i
can see alot of people jumping ship to other countries over the next few years either to start a new life or forget about there mortgages as there's nothing here to pay them what they need, i have worked in london for the last few weeks and the price of living is so cheap toward ireland its unreal, now maybe DAGNUT can explain from his experience as he has been there a good while but i dont know, i dont know were to go from here and i dont know what party could help me.

for years i lived in a catholic country but now i dont know were i stand, calls for thhe anglis to be taken off the tv, i was brought up to be catholic and so was my wife of only six months now, but because im self employed she is now getting deducted more tax because im self employed, i cant get the doll unless i step down and wait 6 months , the governemt dont know whats going on in the country and even if they did they couldnt fix it.

i think the recession was always going to happen but the banks really milked it, there only so many building sites that can grow, you only have to look at the glorified site fork lift driver from a few years ago that were on stupid money i.e. 12/1500 euro a week to know that the irish economy was going down hill, people were getting payed stupid money for jobs anybody could do!

time will tell
[/quote]

Cost of living catches up with you in London in other ways.
I pay 1313 a year council tax, thats separate to your rent...thats just for bins and sh1t like that...also pay 28 quid a month for water! that one really pissed me off..only pay 18 a month for electricity how the fcuk can water be 28 a month? they also want 100 a year just to park you car on the street!
But I will say for anyone with a trade or a skill it's nearly recession proof and the olympics should bring a lot of work...

its my opinion that FF should get an ass kicking at the election nobody should vote for them
then the next bunch of clowns that get elected will have that to think about
you only have to watch an episode of reeling in the years from the 70s and you see the same faces ,this country needs new blood
and we need it fast
brian clown is one of the highest paid politicians in the world,which is a disgrace comparing the population here and the rest of the world
him and his party have got rich from the celtic tiger while all i got is a house in negative equity :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

Hello Lads,

Firstly, a great thread to start Nodge - As above, it is great to see peoples opinions :thumbsup:

I think our reliance and access to "cheap money", relaxed credit terms, Reckless Regulation, a complete over-dependence on the construction sector coupled with us being overseen by a government with Vested Interested going back to the early naughties has got us into the position we are in today.

It is true to say the global economic crisis did not help, but I think it was only an accelerant in bringing us to where we are now.

Regardless of who is appointed in the next Government, they will have to work to in simple accountancy terms of cash in and cash out. (Whilst being overseen by our new bosses - I.E. The ECB & IMF)

Who ever they are, If they really wanted to lead by example they should get on with running the Country / Economy and not be blaming any of their current and future problems with what has gone on in the past. What has happened, has happened ........ it is time for us all to get over it and move on.

We must first look to take stock of where we are now, balance the books, whilst looking after the most venerable members of society

In order to do this, I think our Country needs major political reform and down-sizing to streamline how it is going to implement new changes in a swift manner

We need to get our younger unemployed workforce back to work, with either state subsidised initiatives or reform to our social welfare payments to them

It also has to pay to work, otherwise we are at nothing :doh:

Welfare Fraud needs to be addressed along with (as above) the state looking people who are legitimately vulnerable

Who ever gets elected in, they should lead by example, streamline operations, reduce costs and grow the economy. They should not allow the vested interests which has plagued the running of the state for at least the last decade to continue. The should facilitate getting people back to work by means which are sound and are not based on the bubbles we have grown before :thumbsup:

Getting people back to work should be their main focus. With a working population, most other fassets of their remit should handle themselves as there will be Exchequer monies to fund them.

I for one hope they focus on the economy, who ever they are :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
P.S. Just my two cents :thumbsup:

Back