Legacy goes boom boom

Fook them pics look nasty
Hope it all works out man
Who is doing the work on it or are you going at it yourself.

Make sure to get it done by a reputable builder anyway or else buy a built short block from Subaru, no point in skimping on the quality now and being back at square one again next year. Good luck :thumbsup:

got a donor engine sorted today so another step in the right direction. will get that out and stripped down to use with mine

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=32955.msg379378#msg379378 date=1328135246]
nice one dan are ya using just block and crank or whats the plan
[/quote]

its a very secretive plan!

ha, you got me! No plan is to probably re-use the block and crank in donor with some forged rods and pistons and freshen up bearings and studs etc. just leave it with a solid base that will last

ye thats a good way to go dan just make sure ya fit new oil pump ,modine and a baffle plate to make sure it gets enough oil .are ya using your heads or are they damaged

yes new oil pump going on, i thought modine from donor engine should be fine, my one obviously has more metal the a scrap yard in it! Was told there isnt really a need for a baffle in the twinscroll sumps. Probably used heads of donor engine too and get them pressure checked and skimmed and that in Howards engineering and block honed and faced too

ye true if the donor has a modine it will be grand,your prbably right with sump they have a different layout than the single scroll ,be no harm to fit new valve stem seals to the heads whille they are being done the handiest thing to do is get a complete engine overhaul gasket kit from subaru they are bout 350 euro but they have every gasket, seal and o ring in the engine you wont be stuck for any thing

yes it exact same engine as mine, i was going to go full gasket kit from Subaru but am going with cosworth head gaskets so dont want to have stuff that wont get used. i think there is kits you can get from US legacys for a lot cheaper and will have all the seals etc for less than half the price of getting them over here

i know there will be some kits for 2.5 etc. but most seals etc are same for ej20 and ej25, obviously head gaskets will differ, but ill be getting cosworth ones

Back