McRaeGathering

McRaeGathering

McRae Gathering
30th and 31st of August 2008

In the past few months since the sad passing of Colin McRae, feverish work has taken place behind the scenes to create a tribute from the Subaru community with the view of celebrating the life of a true legend. Now that official permission has been obtained from the parties concerned, McRae Estate, Jimmy and Margaret McRae and Prodrive, and approval for our plan been obtained from the relevent authorities, this is the time to release the details of what is planned.

An event taking place on the weekend of Aug 30th and 31st comprising of a convoy of Impreza's from Lanark, Colin's home town and Prodrive in Banbury. An overnight stop comprised of either camping for the hardcore or Travelodge/B & B's for the not so hardcore and a mass Subaru meeting on the Sunday at Prodrive in Banbury.

The route of the convoy is as follows and has been designed to go through or be near as many regions as possible on the mainland

Lanark - M74 - M6 - M61 - M60 - M62 - M1 - M25 - M40 - Prodrive, Banbury.

The maximum speed of the convoy will be 10mph less than the given speed limit for the road and NO excessive speed will be tolerated by ANYONE.

Everyone taking part in the convoy will have one of these stickers on there car to designate that they are indeed part of the convoy. Details of cost and how to obtain the official stickers will be made available in the next week or two

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/scoobydont555/Lanark-Prodrive-Convoy-3.gif

This event will be posted on every Subaru BBS/Club/Forum across the land

• SIDC
  • Scoobynet
  • 22b.com
  • P1 Owners Club
  • RB5 Owners Club
  • Irish Subaru Drivers Club
  • AberdeenScoobies
  • AyrshireScoobies
  • SussexScoobies
  • ImprezaSport.net
  • LADS
  • MidlandScoobies
  • Scoobycity
  • Southernscoobies
  • Southwestscoobies.org.uk
  • WYIOC
  • SurreyScoobs
  • DevonScoobs
  • Essexscoobs
  • Sheffieldscooby
  • SMACS
  • TypeRA.co.uk
  • WR1 Owners Club
  • CumbrianScoobs

Please inform me if i have missed any clubs from the list and i will join up to the ones i missed and help get everyone involved

Any questions please do not hesitate in the slightest and foward your enquiry to McRaeGathering@hotmail.com

Excellent idea, I would love to go to that. But I will be sleeping UNDER my car, not like the wimps in the tents and Travelodges :D

with any luck it will be so big the as last car will be leaving lanark as the first one reaches Banbury

I know how much Colin loved your challenging country lanes that i thought it would have been rude not to invite the boys over.

Stranraer to Lanark would take you up some nice roads and i can guarentee the Scottish lads would give you a proper welcome

Any help required in accomadation seeking or directions up to Lanark please do not hesitate to ask.

You should put up an invite on uklegacy.com a lot of mcrae fans and a good few scottish lads on there as well..all good lads sure they would be delighted with the invite

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4921.msg53825#msg53825 date=1200067129]
You should put up an invite on uklegacy.com a lot of mcrae fans and a good few scottish lads on there as well..all good lads sure they would be delighted with the invite
[/quote]

Thanks boss

[quote author=McRaeGathering link=topic=4921.msg53824#msg53824 date=1200066831]
Stranraer to Lanark would take you up some nice roads and i can guarentee the Scottish lads would give you a proper welcome

[/quote]

I can vouch for this road lads, runs along the coast for about 40 miles out of Stranraer and has some great bends & excellent surface - This road is the real reason I'm a Celtic fan & love driving over 5 or 6 times a year :D

the ultimate tribute would be an aerial collage (small pics making up a big pic) of Colin. Small pics being our cars and the big pic being Colin. you would need someplace huge  like penzance in wales. you would need hundreds of cars and nassa to organise by colour though so i will shut up

Thats part of the holidays sorted out.

Could you post details re accomadation. Week in the car in Sligo was enough for me want nice cosy bed,telly,hot and cold maids etc

:smokin:

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=4921.msg54079#msg54079 date=1200166682]
Thats part of the holidays sorted out.

Could you post details re accomadation. Week in the car in Sligo was enough for me want nice cosy bed,telly,hot and cold maids etc

:smokin:

[/quote]

Hi there

I can help recommend accomadation in the vicinty of Lanark

The Cartland Bridge Hotel comes highly recommended................. http://www.cartlandbridge.co.uk/

or there is Stobo Castle is pricey but rather special.................... http://www.stobocastle.co.uk/

This is link to the starting point to the South West of Lanark town centre
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=...th Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire, Scotland, ML11 9

Hope this helps

Grant

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=4921.msg54079#msg54079 date=1200166682]
hot and cold maids
[/quote]

:lol:

Was just watching the McRae dvd "legend" this morning & its gotten me in the right mood for this, hopefully we can organise something.

Back