McRaeGathering

We are pleased to announce that the official website for the 2008 McRae Gathering has now gone live at

http://www.mcrae-gathering.co.uk

This is a totally independent website, not affiliated to any Club or Organisation which is designed to be a central source of information for both individuals and Club webmasters alike to keep up to date with the latest in planning for what is sure to be a weekend to remember and to ask any questions that may arise.

You can sign up to our spam-free mailing list to get the latest news direct to your Inbox, we will be building a FAQ of your most frequently asked questions and there will also be an online shop where you can order your official McRae Gathering stickers (and maybe more!)

Webmasters are encouraged to visit and read the intro article to make sure we link back to the sites that are supporting this event.

This has the potential to be the largest ever organised Subaru event in the UK. Let's do Colin proud!

Just planned the route on AA corcaigh - belfast - stranraer - Lanark (lanarkshire?) - banuury (oxfordshire?) - fishguard - rosslare - corcaigh. 1,628.58km on the road. im all giddy now!

Who could resist a trip to "our Meca". i point the legacy in the direction of scotland when i change the oil!

I would love to go on this...it would be some sight...imagine there will be one hell of a load of Scoobies turnin out for that :subaru: I know it seems like ages away but it mite be a gud idea to start thinkin bout gettin a list of names an sortin out accomodation if we're gonna need it...

i think the idea is to stay in a convoy as a mark of respect. its gonna be some site :subaru:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4996.msg56192#msg56192 date=1200982590]
i think the idea is to stay in a convoy as a mark of respect. its gonna be some site :subaru:
[/quote]

I gathered that much it was just a throw away remark

Hi there

Thanks first of all for your clubs support so far

At the outset of this grand plan to celebrate Colins association with Subaru it was the intention of this convoy to replicate the success of the RBRelay from John O'Groats to Lands End, which raised 17k for the RB Foundation. At the begining we had no idea how well Prodrive would respond and never in a million years did we think Prodrive's response would have been on the scale that it has.

The original plan for the weekend had the main convoy driving from Lanark to Banbury via the M74, M6, M60, M62, M1, M25 and M40. This original route would have taken up the full Saturday, leaqving Lanark at 10am the convoy was estimated to arrive at Banbury at 8pm. This would have left the full Sunday to accomadate a mass meeting of Subaru owners at the Banbury facilty. In the light of Prodrives response we have amended the route to allow the convoy to get to Banbury for about 4pm and have the main tribute convoy travel between the 2 Prodrive sites on the Sunday. The revised route from Lanark to Prodrive on Sat the 30th of Aug is A70, M74, M6, M5 and M40. I humbly apologise to drivers, clubs and groups that were planning the weekend around the intial route. Hopefully the route change will not stop anyone from attending what is sure to be a fantastic tribute to a true Subaru legend

Provisional format for the weekend

Saturday morning at 10am the cars will leave Lanark Market.

M74 - M6

Refuel stop at Charnock Richards on the M6

M6 - M5 - M40

Final destination is Prodrive at Banbury, hopefully arriving at about 4pm

Sunday morning, cars from all over Europe will converge on the Banbury facilty for 10am (Marshalls to be on site at 9am)

93562.jpg

Prodrive will open the SWRT workshops, open the Heritage centre, fire up some of Colins cars and have a BBQ on the go with the obligatory Bacon Butties.

The main group will leave Banbury at 12 noon, hopefully led by N1WRC (this is subject to the car being taxed and MOT'ed), and join the M40 at Jct 11 westbound heading for Jct 15.

Hopefully we can get the convoy from Point A to Point B in about an hour

warwickoverview.jpg

From 1pm until 5pm the group will be located at Prodrives Warwick test facility

Only cars bearing the official sticker will be allowed access to the Test Facilty. A checkpoint will be setup both at the gates of the Warwick facility and where the convoy leaves the A4177 about 2 miles from the gates of the test facilty

Prodrive are looking into to arranging some driver demo's and hopefully will be offering Pax rides with Prodrive test drivers on varying disciplines like the skid pan and the adverse handling track. Due to Insurance restrictions only Prodrive employees will be able to take Prodrive cars out on track. All the attendee's at Warwick are to be parked on the main runway of the airfield.

Stickers will be made available for sale in the next 7 days

..................................................................................................

My mobile number is 07944 079591 for any enquiries

enquiries@mcrae-gathering.co.uk

mcraegathering@hotmail.com

Thanks again

The McRae Gathering team

Are there any plans for us to attend this as a club? Just wondering as we only have a week to get stickers if we are going?? :dunno:

Back