Problem getting rent deposit back

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=29035.msg337457#msg337457 date=1297246768]
Lads taking stuff out of the place is a no-goer.

[quote author=Aimzey link=topic=29035.msg337435#msg337435 date=1297210344]
http://www.daft.ie/content/residential_tenancies_act_2004.daft
[/quote]

That act says it doesn't apply to landlords that also live in the house.

I think she is pretty much screwed to be honest. Only a verbal agreement and no receipts for any rent paid or for the deposit.
[/quote]

Pretty much this. If there was no written agreement and if she has no receipts then there's no record of her giving money over. Especially with cash, no matter if it's your brother, sister or Mary McAleese, always get a receipt. Small claims court would be worth the pop in my opinion. Other than that all ya can do is warn the new tenant what the pri*k is like.

PRTB or Revenue informed even if the Landlord is owner occupier.

If he's not on the straight telling the Taxman about the extra income from renting.

He might get a "friendly audit" :tongue:

He has said now he will have all the money in March. I don't believe a word of it so if he doesn't I'll be reporting him to the PTRB.

Thanks everybody.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=29035.msg337534#msg337534 date=1297289275]
He has said now he will have all the money in March. I don't believe a word of it so if he doesn't I'll be reporting him to the PTRB.

Thanks everybody.
[/quote]

Tell him you want it signed on paper. If you don't believe him you can get him to sign it in a Garda station in front of you and a Garda and then the Garda will also sign it so he's no way out of it.

:653:

Back