Scooby has died.. cries

R

RayC

Guest
Hi gang, well it happened , coming home from My MRI last friday and the engine let go, white smoke covered the car behind me and i had to pull over.

My heart sank, i sat at the side of the road checking for leaks, could find none, so nursed her home at 15mph, with smoke pouring out the back.

Now to my problem, i was wondering if any of the southern boys could help me get the car to Naas, to CarTork it HAS not to be driven anymore, so i am looking for someone with

a car transporter u know the one that u hitch to a towbar.

No worries if no one can help, just wanted to see if anyone could help..

Cheers

Ray
 
Hi mate,

Sorry to hear this, nothing worse. Try Dave Leggy of STi Tuning, he's one of the traders here, he has a tow truck and might be able to help you.

Regards,
Stephen
 
ah crap sorry to hear Ray

davelegacy at STi Tuning has a tow truck and could also sort the engine for you too if you wanted.
 
If you had something to pull it with you could tow it yourself, there was a thread here a while ago talking about it, they mentioned like €70-80 to hire a trailer for 2 days... Otherwise, as the lads say, give Dave a shout and he might be able to help you out
 
Thats my problem, 1 nothing to tow it and finances are very tight as well.

I must check out about hiring a trailer.. oh well thx for all the advice..
 
sh*t sorry to hear bout ur troubles mate give dave a shout he mite be able to help u of if u can get a lend of a jeep hire a trailer and drag her up
 
Pity am up in drogheda,and have an A frame,and van could have towed ya in....
 
Ray, very sorry to hear your news, and very sorry I've not been on in ages, I've missed some hell of an amount of posts!!!
Have you anything sorted yet? I know I'm very late coming on board but I may be able to help, not promising anything but where there's a will there's a way :D
 
THX ALL

i got the scoob shipped to Ians late last night, now the wait, it may not be as bad as i thought, blue smoke = turbo so its a wait and see what other bad news i will get, Hi Cara

thx, and also thx to Damo for his advice.

Im hoping worse case is also stem seals and not piston .. sigh the list may get a lot longer.. oh well the joys of owning a scooby.

Ray
 
Its worst case senario, piston gone, Ian rang me a few mins ago, and its engine out time, and a complete search of everything.

Ian will get back to me when he has had a more detailed examination of the extent of the damage.

:cry:
 
thx all again :)

I have been thinking of bigger, but its all down to a few things, like what other damage has been done, i will get forge pistons and other stronger stuff, but i dont know which

way to go. do i get a 2.5 bottomend? do i change all the internals for stronger ones, i want to keep all the mods i have, and poss go for 400bhp.

choices choices, wish i was rich!
 
Ok guys i need some opinions, on what to do now, do i stay with same engine or go for a 2.5, i need advise on what i will need etc etc .. thx
 
Back
Top