Shock absorber help needed ASAP

ap993

Sunday Drivers
In a bit of a panic to get a shock absorber front right for a hawkeye sti. Hit a kerb, totally bent. It was a bc racing coilover. Lad has it in the lift and wants it off pretty soon. What are my options? Fairly desperate... ClUtch frigged too... 35k miles on a exedy pink box clutch thank you!
I'm located on Galway. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks guys

Also could I throw 2 used widetrack sti shocks on the front for the time being until I buy a new set of shocks?

2 standard shocks will get it sorted for the time being might sit a little higher than coilovers but need to get it off the lift They will do the job .35k and a clutch gone it must have had a hard life

Thing is it had an easy life with me. There was awful judder and butting point with it.
Rang elite autos. They have just wrx front set. Would these do until I order new set of shocks?. Need to get them today.. Would they fit as not wide track.

Could really do with some pointers as the garage is at me for having the car in the lift. Stressed. The

Is there other forums people frequent that gets more traffic?? Not trying to put this down. But it's very quiet, not that I contribute much anyway.

Try the usual fb pages , north and south, could be your best bet, , did ya try ollie McCarron, although not a lot of widetracks breaking, here, MB developments in uk worth a shot, but won't get her of the lift today,

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Any decent garage worth it's salt should be able to source replacement parts from a motor factor for a customer. Even if spurious to get out of a hole.

Can't really help as on the other side of the country. Try Finnegans in Ballymahon in Longford and Autopoint in Galway.

Put a wanted post up on the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/subaruswapukirl/?ref=share

Hope you get sorted.

Can you get the front widetrack shocks spurious, ? Not sure you can.

Maybe someone would have some they took out and replaced with coilovers,

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not being smart but you only posted at 3:15 . It drove to the lift so put the shock back on and drive it off till you have the parts
sorted .

Wrx shocks wont fit as the bolt holes are differant on the hubs and you can't order new kyb form the motor factors as the kyb don't do 5x114 . So your best bet is a breaker as above olly mcarron up north or mb developments in the uk . Kerry sti on here had a set of tein 5x114 coilovers for sale if any use or just order a new bc body or the part that's bent :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What garage are you in now? I've dealt with them all via work. Just wondering.

Regarding parts, maybe get something fast from Carparts in Liosban or KD Autoparts in Ballybane. They're usually pretty fast. Steven in Carparts is pretty good. Likes his Imprezas so he could maybe do something for next day delivery.

Yeah, as said above, MB Developments, Olly up north, and outside of that your prob best looking for an OEM piece to get going until sorted, but as Joe said, if it drove on, it'll drive off
Stick it back in, drive off the ramp and park outside. Be grand until you find something ????

I sold them joe, jap performance have loads off standard shocks and second hand coilovers and are super quick last thing i got off them here in 2 days.

Is there other forums people frequent that gets more traffic?? Not trying to put this down. But it's very quiet, not that I contribute much anyway.
First time I'm seeing you post anything and yes, you are putting this down btw[emoji23]

And I totally understand the stress that cars can cause, I currently have one in pieces [emoji23]

As the lads said:
1. If it driven in, put it back on, and drive it out and leave it there.
2. Breakers are the other option - Olly McCarron and Mb Development on Facebook. Mb is your best bet for finding a set of Bc for replacement. Prob won't sell you just 1 shock. He could have lots of other coils and I'd highly recommend him having bought lots of parts in the past off him.
3. Facebook groups and Facebook marketplace if you haven't tried it yet. Just be mindful when sending money and use PayPal. Plenty of scammers out there who pry on people who are in a bind.
4. Lastly, any garage should be able to find a replacement part. Might take time, but they should be able to source a replacement. Would be good idea to replace them in pairs if getting new ones imho.
5. Meister R set of coilovers if you're looking for replacements from BC ones. Tuned for Uk/Irish crappy roads and about similar prices to BC

Hope you get sorted and back motoring [emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

The car was not driven on. And as I have said. It did not have a hard life at all... Having problems with the clutch from day one with juddering and smelling burning. While taking it handy. Maybe the 396ft torque killed it. Thanks for the assumptions though. It was towed own some how.
It's in atomic garage. Seem like nice fellas

Get them send down by courier for 20 quid save the hassle . 400ftlb won?t kill a clutch . But pink box is known to judder and I always go blue box as can still handle the power no problem :thumbsup:

It's in atomic garage. Seem like nice fellas

I?ve never dealt with them and I work up the road in Flemings in parts. They can?t be that nice if they want the car off their lift. Call up Car Parts Warehouse, a couple metres down the road. To be honest, the garage themselves should?ve just called you, told what it needs, ask if they can source and you give the go ahead.

Never been to a garage where they told me if I couldn?t get the part to get off their lift. I suggest taking it to Brendan Byrnes or Fahy?s in Oranmore instead. I wouldn?t give business to somebody who wants their lift back ?pretty soon?.

Back