Shock absorber help needed ASAP

Get them send down by courier for 20 quid save the hassle . 400ftlb won?t kill a clutch . But pink box is known to judder and I always go blue box as can still handle the power no problem :thumbsup:
Yeah I will go with blue box. Would it need a flywheel too?

Sorry for being ratty fellas... I was in the middle of tidying her up, then bang, hit a central reservation.. Bodywork is OK thankfully. Was planning on changing to a 435d.
Had jut a few cosmetic things to touch up and the clutch.
BTW clutch was fine in 1st and 2nd and fine on the other gears off boost. Been slipping for 6 or 7 months.

Would miss this car. Will see how I feel when I tidy her up. Have a set of blackened headlights with LEDS to go in to.
Cheers again lads, and sorry.

One more question. Who would you recommend around Galway to do the clutch? Thanks.

And I don't know what this comment is about... Iv owned the car almost 8nyears trouble free. I was told a pink box clutch was put in at 55k m, cars at 90k now.. I look after my car, cheers.

My poor car comment was genuinely just because the car was damaged after meeting a kerb nothing else .
I didn?t add anything else because you you were giving out that replies were not being posted in a certain time frame , so it may have come across smart .
Sorry about that.
Hopefully the car is back on the road soon [emoji1303]

Relax :thumbsup: We all get stressed when our cars go wrong :thumbsup: it?s just life .

Don?t know Galway so can?t give and advice . Eanna who?s from Galway could advise better :thumbsup:

One more question. Who would you recommend around Galway to do the clutch? Thanks.

I go to Brendan Byrnes in Oranmore. Slightly biased because I live 2 mins away. He has looked after my family for years. I left my car in to get brakes done while I went to work, made it so easy as work was priority. I get all my tyres there too. Darek is a great mechanic there who is into his cars so if he gets it, you will be fine. Small garage and family business but won't break the bank either. Get the fook out of Atomic Garage.

Last edited:
My poor car comment was genuinely just because the car was damaged after meeting a kerb nothing else .
I didn?t add anything else because you you were giving out that replies were not being posted in a certain time frame , so it may have come across smart .
Sorry about that.
Hopefully the car is back on the road soon [emoji1303]

Sorry for having a go at you.. Annoying seeing the car poorly.

I go to Brendan Byrnes in Oranmore. Slightly biased because I live 2 mins away. He has looked after my family for years. I left my car in to get brakes done while I went to work, made it so easy as work was priority. I get all my tyres there too. Darek is a great mechanic there who is into his cars so if he gets it, you will be fine. Small garage and family business but won't break the bank either. Get the fook out of Atomic Garage.
Thanks, will do. Atomic was right beside the recovery place. Il take it from there when they do the shocks.

Thanks, will do. Atomic was right beside the recovery place

Yeah turn in just before GalMac, across from the bank. Never dealt with them and don't have an account with us at work. Says it all when we are just up the road. Everyone has done some form of business with us.

Would you recommend that I allow them to source the clutch themselves? Want do do all the fluids too while I'm at it. Cheers

Thanks you have all been very helpful.
On another note. Is there placed that rent out garages or units? I have a Nissan silvia I want to work on, give a little tlc

Olly up north usually reliable. He used fast way but got no tracking number. No way of contacting fastway. Thought they were a decent outfit. Any hope the come today.

Olly up north usually reliable. He used fast way but got no tracking number. No way of contacting fastway. Thought they were a decent outfit. Any hope the come today.

We use Fastway in work. Every consignment shipped has a tracking number. Get it off Olly and track it off their website. They're normally decent enough.

Sorry late to the party. It came
. The fastway driver just dropped letter with number in. Didn't ring the bell, I had to go out after him

Could I have a number for Brian? Can't find anything on goole. Cheers

Got through to him but says he doesn't source performance clutches. Where could I get an exedy blue box? He will take on the the job anyway.

Back