Spark plugs?

using denzo for year's and no problems ,dont think there crap mate :mooner:

You have come on a public forum making a statement that the the plug's I, and Prodrive WRC use are crap. I have been involved in some way, in WRC, Touring Car, Speedvision Championship USA, Formula Honda, Formula 750, National Super Rods, Irish Time Attack, Stock Hatch, and many many track cars, and gained a lot of experience working with some great people. I also work directly with Swansea University in there Motorsport Eng coarse, and take a student every year, and advise them on the coarse projects.
When you make a statement like that you need to back it up with fact. where have you gained your experience,,

John

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=12024.msg145558#msg145558 date=1232289020]
You have come on a public forum making a statement that the the plug's I, and Prodrive WRC use are crap. I have been involved in some way, in WRC, Touring Car, Speedvision Championship USA, Formula Honda, Formula 750, National Super Rods, Irish Time Attack, Stock Hatch, and many many track cars, and gained a lot of experience working with some great people. I also work directly with Swansea University in there Motorsport Eng coarse, and take a student every year, and advise them on the coarse projects.
When you make a statement like that you need to back it up with fact. where have you gained your experience,,

John
[/quote]

Like I said I have never used them but there are a number of people who have had failures due to the Denso plugs. Thats what Im basing it on along with the advise from serious subaru tuners, and im NOT talking the racing plugs.

Im sure Phillip has racing denso plugs no ?

[quote author=liam 99 link=topic=12024.msg145561#msg145561 date=1232289613]
taxi for renno :roll:
[/quote]

No need for that.. You have just lost all credabilility in this discussion with that stupid statement...

Philips are IK24, and Prodrive use a VK.

Does my advise not make me a "serious tuner" then.

Are you also saying that your experience is gained from talking to tuners, rather than developing knowledge and experience yourself.

John

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=12024.msg145570#msg145570 date=1232290163]
[/quote]

No need for that.. You have just lost all credabilility in this discussion with that stupid statement...
[/quote]

i agree :thumbsup:

damien knows what he is talking about, i know a friend of mine that has a subaru and he tried the denso plugs and it ran bad and when he checked the plugs the tips were damaged thats all i know, everyone cant be wrong about them

[/quote]leave it out.....no room for handbags and sh*t stirring on here

he came on here and said the plugs that jomo has are crap and are in my car , and all the cars jomo work's on ,so who's stirring sh*t here :snooty:

[quote author=liam 99 link=topic=12024.msg145608#msg145608 date=1232292160]
he came on here and said the plugs that jomo has are crap and are in my car , and all the cars jomo work's on ,so who's stirring sh1t here :snooty:
[/quote]hes advising on what he has seen and is advising the use of ngk plugs
ive used denso n cars and ngk in others
its personal preference get over it

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=12024.msg145589#msg145589 date=1232290867]
it's not about the make of plug you use, it's about the type of plug that you use..........
[/quote]

Too right, But I didn't make a statement saying his products were crap, NGK is a very repected supplier, andf so is Denso. As for liam99's experience with Subaru, he has been driving them since some of the folk's on the forum were in short pants.

John

[quote author=liam 99 link=topic=12024.msg145608#msg145608 date=1232292160]
he came on here and said the plugs that jomo has are crap and are in my car , and all the cars jomo work's on ,so who's stirring sh1t here :snooty:
[/quote]

Renno came on here and expressed an opinion... it is a forum after all and he is entitled to his opinion... If someone disagree's with that, then they are entitled to respond just like Johnny has done in this case and he has made his point clearly and proved denso's quality as used in his race cars and by prodrive etc... That is what the argument was about and what the forum is for... I don't think renno's comments were directed personally at Jomo from the way i read the thread...

You also gave your opinion that you have used them for years without any problems but if you have any further opinion on the subject, then say something constructive rather than sh1t talk to someone

Lets keep the original Question alive here... it's good to have a debate on the pro's and cons of both makes and peoples experience with them... if Denso's have given trouble say which one's i cant imagine that they are all crap ??? Otherwise as John stated why would subaru/prodrive use them??? i have used both makes and never had any trouble with either one.... looks bad when traders have a go at each other and their customers start taking sides. :thumbsup:

Lads a forum wouldnt be a forum without differences of opinion. Its great that people debate these things it gives everyone a chance to make their minds up for themselves. Dont think anything personal was meant in previous posts.

@ Collieno i have pfr7b in my type r and find them great

It depends on the spec of plug that the car was originally manufactured for. Any Nissan mechanic will tell you that nissans suffer terribly when Densos are used - in fact most micras, almeras and primeras will run for a week and then die completely on densos, yet when ngk are used theyre fine. Yet, toyota etc run perfectly well on the same denso plug. Its about what the car is SUPPOSED to run, i.e was designed for. My 2c

i came on to talk about spark plug's , what about you mate ,o yea just to have a go :dance:

Back