Subaru Impreza front seat upgrade options

hassen27

ISDC Club Member
Hiya.

I have been thinking about the seats in my car for a while. Currently have the SL heated leather seats and they have about 135k miles on them now and showing their age. I been considering some options:
1. Get the foam redone with an upholster and also rejuvenate the leather. Only issue is that I am a small person and they never really fit me right.
2. Get a set of Sti blue seats which fits me very well and reupholster them to match the leather interior. I'd love to have a middle centre alcantara/synthetic material to avoid sliding around and leather sides that would withstand abuse.
3. Get a set of Sti seats from a newer saloon car but that might require modification and might not look right
4. My current favourite aftermarket seat is the Recaro Cross Speed. These I've never tried and will require rails etc. I have yet to see online any Subaru gdb cars with them fitted, so I would be apprehensive of getting them without trying them out.
5. The top of my wishlist would be a set of Recaro Sportster Cs seats which I really like but would also need to be re done to suit my size.

Would like to hear thoughts/opinions etc.

Thanks,

Hassen

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

The old Subaru seat debate . It?s the reason so many drivers seats are changed for a smaller bucket seat in Japan when you see them in the auctions abs the japs are allsnall thin lads .
recaro cross sport seat is nearly the same as the hatch Sti recaro which are a very nice comfy seat with great support even for smaller thin lads like you and me
The Recaro cs speedster seat are Great all around seat suitable for different sizes too . Fitted in most rs mk3 focus , fast Renault?s , lotus exige there the ones Nigel has in his spec c and there a great seat for support .

If your looking for the ultimate seat for comfort and nice tight fit and if your felling really flush , buy yourself a set of S203 -S204 seats . They are an amazing fit when your sitting right back in them and give great support and will always hold there value . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-I...581010?hash=item262622ef92:g:t4oAAOSwNbxc3qCL

theese are also an option and a very good seat with good support and very comfortable https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-ac...827228?hash=item56cd51081c:g:hkcAAOSwIgZdpJRp

The old Subaru seat debate . It?s the reason so many drivers seats are changed for a smaller bucket seat in Japan when you see them in the auctions abs the japs are allsnall thin lads .
recaro cross sport seat is nearly the same as the hatch Sti recaro which are a very nice comfy seat with great support even for smaller thin lads like you and me
The Recaro cs speedster seat are Great all around seat suitable for different sizes too . Fitted in most rs mk3 focus , fast Renault?s , lotus exige there the ones Nigel has in his spec c and there a great seat for support .

If your looking for the ultimate seat for comfort and nice tight fit and if your felling really flush , buy yourself a set of S203 -S204 seats . They are an amazing fit when your sitting right back in them and give great support and will always hold there value . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-I...581010?hash=item262622ef92:g:t4oAAOSwNbxc3qCL

theese are also an option and a very good seat with good support and very comfortable https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/honda-ac...827228?hash=item56cd51081c:g:hkcAAOSwIgZdpJRp
Thanks for the insight. This whole thing started after I sat in your Hawk btw [emoji7] the S203 seats you linked are Savage!

So far, my heart is saying Recaro Sportster Cs and my brain is saying Recaro Cross speed.
I could try and source a used set of a CS sportster then re upholster it to match as that would be most cost effective. There's a friend of mine with a Clio Rs that will be selling his set next and it needs work either way. Might be worth worth considering.

#hmblwgn

Just a thought, but seen as you said the new age STI seats suit, but it's the colour you don't want, aren't the Forester STI seats black? Or is it the fabric instead of leather?
Spec D STI seats, they're leather already I believe.. I'm not sure if it's the same physical seat as the standard STI seats but someone here will know... If it was, it would be the same fit.
Kieran (member on here) has a set of sparco seats in his Type R, I couldn't fit two arse cheeks into them but your much smaller than me ????

Spec D STI seats, they're leather already I believe

Spec D seat is the same seat as the WRX SL seat :thumbsup:

Leather is nice... however the alcantara is much more comfortable as it grips you better and either way I suppose Hassen's point is that he would like a better fitting seat (I know exactly what he means as have the same problem myself and got JDM STI seats to fit into my EU Hawk as the original seats too large for comfort).

Them recaros above Joe linked are very nice seat were lovley in his old legacy[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat too, ended up try recaro seats, pomp etc with rails, what a pain the hole. You need a narrow top to the seat to get it to fit.
I ended up getting rid of the leather and bought a spec C seat setup. They blend in well with the leather door cards and are a far better fit.

Attachments

• 20181223_215044.jpg
    20181223_215044.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys.

As much as I know it makes more sense to just get an Sti blue whole interior, I am quite fond of the leather interior. Reckon Leather +alcantara will be ideal for me.

I can get a pair of Blue Sti seats for ?350 but will hold out and see if there's a cheap one that requires work next as I can then get it reupholstered and add in a heater pad in them too. I know they'll fit in the car and my size suits it too. Needs to be the jdm one as I reckon they are slimmer.

#hmblwgn

It?s a bit of a rabbit hole to go down ,ended up changing seats for a more comfortable seat, ruined the driving experience,ended up putting the original classic sti seats back in .

It?s a bit of a rabbit hole to go down ,ended up changing seats for a more comfortable seat, ruined the driving experience,ended up putting the original classic sti seats back in .
Indeed I think it is too. Hence why I thought I'd gather as much info from the collective of the forum before launching into options that would suit [emoji106]

#hmblwgn

Found an online seller that does sell used Sti front seats for ?175+shipping. The are not immaculate hence the low price. Also found the seat heating element that can be retrofitted in them. Next, I'll need to talk to the upholsterer and see if he can workout how much it will all cost [emoji4]

#hmblwgn

Hassen

Bug Jdm sti seats the most supportive

Then Blob sti (ones I put in Foz)

Hawk sti seat fairly flat

Hope that helps

Hassen

Bug Jdm sti seats the most supportive

Then Blob sti (ones I put in Foz)

Hawk sti seat fairly flat

Hope that helps

Thanks for that info. Makes sense as I've been in ScoobySteve car with bug jdm seats and that was more fitting than when I was in your Foz. Difference is very minimal though and I'd happily take either as they were very comfortable too[emoji106]

#hmblwgn

Also worth noting seats in my blob exactly same design support shape as foz ones but not fancy sti blue grippy material just black [emoji108]

Also worth noting seats in my blob exactly same design support shape as foz ones but not fancy sti blue grippy material just black [emoji108]

Interesting. Send me a pic for reference if you get a chance please and I'll look out for them [emoji106]

#hmblwgn

200-250 for clean fronts is much more in line with market - 350 is a good bit over avg price for clean ones.

As mostly it is the seat and side bolsters that go from getting in and out... and seeing you are looking to get them redone in leather I suppose it doesn't matter if bolsters worn a bit, so that might make it a bit easier to get ones at a better price and then put the difference towards the leather work.

A comfortable seat is one of the best mods you will do that will impact every time you use the car!

200-250 for clean fronts is much more in line with market - 350 is a good bit over avg price for clean ones.

As mostly it is the seat and side bolsters that go from getting in and out... and seeing you are looking to get them redone in leather I suppose it doesn't matter if bolsters worn a bit, so that might make it a bit easier to get ones at a better price and then put the difference towards the leather work.

A comfortable seat is one of the best mods you will do that will impact every time you use the car!
Indeed. I think the ones I found in the Uk are ?175 for a pair plus shipping. They seem to be Jdm seats too in decent condition. I'll message them next and see if they can get it delivered for a decent price [emoji106]

#hmblwgn

Unfortunately most of the brides for sale today are fakes so need to be very carefully buying them now :thumbsup:

Back