Subaru Impreza front seat upgrade options

Thread revival.

So the Recaro sportster cs seats that are in my friends Renault Clio Rs are now up for sale. The bolsters driver side are worn and need redoing.

Any suggestions/ideas of seat rails that will fit these seats into the Subaru Gd/Gg chassis? I don't mind brands as long as they work well and retain the sliding function.

Found a post from a few years back and someone had fitted them in a Subaru. They looked Savage!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...17&share_fid=468&share_type=t&link_source=app

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Oh they look class man!! Very nice. Go for it, and make em fit after lol

Did I not read somewhere years back that Icetronix used make custom rails?
Maybe give em a shout

Was he selling them seats for 1400 with the bolsters wore off the drivers side 1 on backroads . My advice unless your getting them for really cheap but a set in mint condition as to get them redone your looking at 600-800 euros

Was he selling them seats for 1400 with the bolsters wore off the drivers side 1 on backroads . My advice unless your getting them for really cheap but a set in mint condition as to get them redone your looking at 600-800 euros
That's what I thought too. Between 500-800 to get it redone properly but I have someone in mind for less. Was there one on BR?

#hmblwgn

Update time:

The Renault Clio Sportster CS seats will probably not fit in the subaru due to the seat base being different to an aftermarket one. So that idea is out of the way as the seat bases are ?260 each!

Plan B:
1. Find a set of STI JDM seats, add in heat pads and reupholster with alcantara/similar material in the centre and leather on the sides then. Should be a better fit
2. Redo my current seats with the same as above

Think I need to talk to the upholsterer to see what option makes more sense with what I want to achieve

I have a set of spec c front seats in storage if they would suit, I can get a few pictures during the week if you'd like..

I have the spec C seats in mine and got the upholsterer to add in more padding to the bolsters, try them out if your around.

Many thanks to Enda who got in touch with me as he had a set of Sti jdm seats. Seats are in really good condition and sat in them earlier on. They fit me very well and with a bit more bolstering on the sides it would be perfect!

Given how good these seats are, I'm now rethinking my idea of getting them reupholstered! I could add heated pads in them to connect to the car and beef up the bolsters. They would work very well for my intended use. The only issue will be that the rear seats wouldn't match. Now... I have found a breaker who has a rare set for a jdm bug sti wagon and the rear seats would fit. This would be the most cost effective option. I'm gonna wait on the upholsterer to get back to me for a quote before deciding how to go forward. Ohhhhh the dilemmas!

#hmblwgn

If it was me and your on a budget just do like lads in Japan do and just change the drives seat . No one cares about the rest unless it?s a race taxi ( it?s not relax ) :icon_grin: That?s What id do . Recaro cs in the drivers seat and rails job done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If it was me and your on a budget just do like lads in Japan do and just change the drives seat . No one cares about the rest unless it?s a race taxi ( it?s not relax ) :icon_grin: That?s What id do . Recaro cs in the drivers seat and rails job done [emoji106][emoji106]
I see your point and those Recaro are actually really cool. Problem is that they are still slightly wide for me and would still need work to get it to fit me. Prob looking at around ?1700 for 1 Driver seat+rails. Way above budget at the moment.
The Sti Jdm seats I got are good and cost effective. I'm gonna go down that route first and see. Worse case scenario it doesn't work and I could always sell them[emoji4]

#hmblwgn

Back