Tyres discussion

Remember after buying my sti...I came back with it. Paul drove it. It hasn't been driven as hard since 🤣🤣
 
Don't know eoin but it was all over the place. Now in fairness my car had been set up for a wider 8 inch alloy and when I got the vredsteins I put them on a narrower alloy wheel without adjusting the alignment so could be down to that .
Would different set ups have an affect...lowered..roll bars..driving style even.. you'd imagine it would to be fair
 
Oh that could have a part to play alright.. it's interesting tho, I've been reading a lot on set ups and stuff lately...it's a minefield to say the least lol
 
My 2 cents..I've found the Ultrac Satan very good in the wet and braking gotta say no major complaints..

only thing I would say from running F1s asymmetrical 2/3/5 for years on wrx is the f1 does give a more direct feel turn in and initial bite feel stronger.
Id say dry/hot performance definitely be higher on Goodyear but hard to tell on Satan as it hasn't stopped raining for years 🤣

Over all the satan wearing very very well and on sprited runs never felt lacking in grip the wicklow run from a while ago they impressed in very bad conditions.

Next tire when required hopefully be F1 Supersports.Screenshot_20240107-080942_Instagram.jpg
 
Going to bump this up again because getting new tyres tomorrow or Monday ( stock depending ) any updates on tyre choices? Currently on rainsport 3s and no issues with the at all but tempted with F1s
 
I've Eagle F1 SuperSports, they're grand like, I can say a bit overkill all the same. I haven't found their limits, far from, but I've had various different brands, Nexen, Nankang etc and didn't really find their limits either. Now you'd notice a huge improvement over the likes of Kenda or something but... I dono,,, maybe a massive factor on track.. Road driving you're fairly ok I'd say
Nankang very good in wet. So are Nexen.
 
I've Eagle F1 SuperSports, they're grand like, I can say a bit overkill all the same. I haven't found their limits, far from, but I've had various different brands, Nexen, Nankang etc and didn't really find their limits either. Now you'd notice a huge improvement over the likes of Kenda or something but... I dono,,, maybe a massive factor on track.. Road driving you're fairly ok I'd say
Nankang very good in wet. So are Nexen
Won't be doing track days and I rarely drive hard at all. So very fair point on over kill!
 
Ran F1 5's ,6's & super sports, found them all excellent, I also have Ps4s on my other car, excellent tyre....
With tyres id rather have something highly rated & never reach / find their limits, as opposed to have something cheaper & potentially reach its limits & be left wanting.......
My 2c on feedback, but each to their own 👍
 
Hard to go wrong with F1 F1 Ss or Ps5 had them all recently all excellent..for road driving all the tire ud ever need.

All depends on budget F1 aymmetrical hard to beat uasually come in at great value F1 SS & Ps5 usually a bit more.
 
Tried a few different ones on an older car. PS4s, Contisport 5, Bridgestone S001, PS5s. PS5s were best of the lot, was on a FWD car. PS4s close second.

Based on sidewall look if that matters, Michelin have a slope out to the rim protector. Contis are straightish with not much of a protector and the S001 poke out the furthest. But I will be getting F1s next time based on look and feedback from others.
 
Tried a few different ones on an older car. PS4s, Contisport 5, Bridgestone S001, PS5s. PS5s were best of the lot, was on a FWD car. PS4s close second.

Based on sidewall look if that matters, Michelin have a slope out to the rim protector. Contis are straightish with not much of a protector and the S001 poke out the furthest. But I will be getting F1s next time based on look and feedback from others.
F1s seem to have preference here for sure
 
Back
Top