What to buy??

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Looking for ideas of what lads would buy in the kinda hot hatch bracket with Max €6,000 to spend. Im thinking along the lines of gti golf, astra opc etc... Focus st is out im afraid. Not going the 2.5 tax route..... Any ideas or suggestions be great.... Cheers

A good Mk5 GTI, best drivers car out of the hot hatches of the era IMO, very chuckable. Obviously not the highest power out of the others but defo more fun, more comfy and more practical aswell day to day (decent mpg too)

Slap a milltek exhaust on it and remap :) suspension perfect as is.

Golf aswell and no bother sell again. A tidy gti will always go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed, will 100% sell quicker than a focus or OPC when the time comes. Plenty mod options available too if you want to go down that route.

OPC Astra for sale on here that has had all the work done Scrawnbawn on here
at least you would know where it's been and what's been done to it and not owned bye a numpty
That's what I'd buy anyway

Scrawnbawn's opc is defo the front runner at the moment. Id love a gti, but iv looked at a few and rang about most of them on donedeal. And i couldn't wait to hang up the phone!!! There so shook and all needing plenty of money to get to a good standard!

I wasn't arguing on the performance or price of st/rs just stated that there are not only 2.5

Depending on your insurance and the year you want, how about ep3 type R ek9 Type r, or my favourite Dc2 type R.. ep3 would be my least favourite out of the bunch.

That money would get you into a very tidy 2007 Octavia vRS with maybe even a little money left, or else an '08 very close to that -- same engine as the GTI... more practical and comfortable imo... cheaper insurance too. Very easily sold after like the GTI as always a market for them. Friend had one for 3 years and never a bother with it.

Edition 30 wheels

230bhp if real but say just a copy as not advertised as it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Think Grahamo was over in my house with that before
could be wrong but same spec I think
there the wheels to have

Back