What to buy??

are you finished with Subaru martin?

Ah god no. The plan will be to pick up a Scooby again and have it as a weekend car. Iv done 3 yrs of having the Scooby as a daily driver. So a change is as good as a rest. But no ill defo be back in a Scooby again.

No doubt that the gti is a great car. After having a wrx I'd be lookin for something a little less sensible. I know they're probably not the most reliable but how about like this. Have never driven one but reviews are great.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane-sport-cup-225-lux-pack-price-drop-/12046987

I considered those Paul. Iv just never been a fan of the French stuff.... Never owned one either so that's probably harsh. My mechanic is ex Renault main dealer as his advise was don't!

That money would get you into a very tidy 2007 Octavia vRS with maybe even a little money left, or else an '08 very close to that -- same engine as the GTI... more practical and comfortable imo... cheaper insurance too. Very easily sold after like the GTI as always a market for them. Friend had one for 3 years and never a bother with it.

I actually had a 2006 vrs. Loved it!! But, not buying the same again....

Looks like you are aiming for a Golf V GTI...

However here are two other interesting cars in that bracket:

Less practical... but... I bought a 2008 MINI Cooper S JCW when I sold my WRX SL blob.
Now... the full-on factory JCW are rare (only 5 sold in Ireland in 2007 and 2008 together)... however, they are special.
A lot of fun... great presence... nice club... very economical (avg 36-37 mpg and 44mpg long runs)... with 218bhp in an 1200kg car with bigger Brembos the newage STI. (Note plenty of "JCW" MINIs advertised which only have a body kit, or exhaust rear box, or there is a 211bhp version which was a normal S upgraded at the dealer to JCW spec which are more common than real factory JCWs with 218bph). Great and reliable every day car for every day smiles -- only bad things: tiny micro sized boot space, and not great if you have a bad back as quite firm on bad roads.

A mate bought it after and ran it for 2 years and recently chopped it in against a Sirocco with the GTI engine and DSG.
He loves the rocco.... but... he misses the JCW every time he goes out for a drive... more character, better handling, pops and bangs as standard, the club... all things the Rocco doesn't have.

Another friend had a C30 T5 Volvo... another quirky car that can move and is well put together (and should be in your budget as is a 2.3 petrol in a small car so niche market).

Ah god no. The plan will be to pick up a Scooby again and have it as a weekend car. Iv done 3 yrs of having the Scooby as a daily driver. So a change is as good as a rest. But no ill defo be back in a Scooby again.

great stuff, maybe a classic weekend toy that you could track would be the way forward, type r or ra would be nice!

Think Grahamo was over in my house with that before
could be wrong but same spec I think
there the wheels to have

Not sure thats it? It was crashed during the summer In Ibiza and haven't heard anything since.

The garage sticker on that would put me off....... a very large main dealer I once worked for own that place and send all their junk up there.
We would do an oil/filter that was it, could need tyres, brakes etc and we were not allowed to fit them as it was going to them.

congrats!
happy motoring.
let us know how compares to the impreza
dont forget to change your nickname ;)

Fair play
Did you sell the Impreza already

I was ate for it! I couldn't believe it. Put it on donedeal and my phone went mad! Im talking 20 calls in the first 24 hrs. I had to take the ad down to make it stop. First lad that came bought it. He's a mechanic in a main dealer in limerick. Arrived with two more mechanics with him. A full hour they went through the car. Two of them test drove it. Good 15 minute drives. Couldn't fault it. Sold for the asking price.

I know, never dreamt they were wanted that much. Id have got 6k for it..... I was looking at it like i paid 5k for it 3 years ago. I cant expect to get 5k now for it....

Back