Advice on what to do (bodyshop)

Jesus Andy- it's been a long road...
A lot of work
A lot of patience on your part 😜
Won't be long now!!!
It looks like it's been a really nice job done right.
What did it cost you in the end?(if you don't mind me asking)
And then....
The Engine Build!!!!
What's the plan?
Who are you getting to do the build? Dave?
I'm delighted for you that she's almost finished. Can't wait to see it back out on the road.
Fair fucks.

Jesus Andy- it's been a long road...
A lot of work
A lot of patience on your part 😜
Won't be long now!!!
It looks like it's been a really nice job done right.
What did it cost you in the end?(if you don't mind me asking)
And then....
The Engine Build!!!!
What's the plan?
Who are you getting to do the build? Dave?
I'm delighted for you that she's almost finished. Can't wait to see it back out on the road.
Fair fucks.
No idea what the final bill is yet Ben. I can't fault the work so far even though it's taken 2 years. I'm happy it's 100% rust free and under-sealed with the engine bay painted.
I'm not sure what way the engine build will go until I know whats left in the budget after I pay the bodyshop.
I definitely want closed deck with either 2 litre or maybe a stroker. Of course there will be the usual forged pistons, rods etc. It will have a 20G turbo and going with Link G4 ECU. If there's any budget left over I'd like the Link MXG 7" digital dash display. Plan is to have Dave from RSR Automotive to do the build.

Last edited:
No idea what the final bill is yet Ben. I can't fault the work so far even though it's taken 2 years. I'm happy it's 100% rust free and under-sealed with the engine bay painted.
I'm not sure what way the engine build will go until I know whats left in the budget after I pay the bodyshop.
I definitely want closed deck with either 2 litre or maybe a stroker. Of course there will be the usual forged pistons, rods etc. It will have a 20G turbo and going with Link G4 ECU. If there's any budget left over I'd like the Link MXG 7" digital dash display. Plan is to have Dave from RSR Automotive to do the build.
I have a closed deck engine there if ya need one it a full engine mind you all you really need is a block to build

😲 Wow. That's a nice spec to start off with.
I like it.
I'm not sure what others think, but I think Dave is a great builder. He done mine and hasn't missed a beat since. Get in early with him as it's going to take a bit of time.( As in get him to start building it now ,or put you in the queue)
Now, don't hold me to this, but a tuner from up north told me that there are either closed or semi closed decks on ICP from 2k- 3k, EJ 207, which apparently is the short block to base a good build on. It's a bit out of my focus,so I stand to be corrected. I'd say Dave will put you right.
Ahh shes going to be a sweet machine when she's all buttoned up.

UPDATE Dec 27th 2023

This saga rolls on into another year. I still do not have my car back. 26 months and counting. I last had an update on November 13th with pictures of the last few bits in the spray booth. (post 237 on previous page). The guy said he'd get the car all assembled and finished up. I thought I'd have the car back this year. On November 25th he closed his garage because his Father died (saw Facebook post). So I decided to not bother him and made no effort to ask for an update given the family bereavement.(Edit: garage opened again on November 28th) I've had no further info or contact from him to say he got the car finished so at this point I'm assuming it has just been left with no more work done since mid November.

I'm putting an end to this in January. If that involves time in court then so be it. Had enough of this now.

Last edited:
Andy fair enough his father passed away but closing at the end of november is fine but doesn't help you or I assume his employees to just close for a month. Like you say go into him in the new year and once and for all to get his finger out enough is enough at this stage your car should be done and dusted long ago

He didn't close for a month. Garage reopened on November 28th, 3 days later.
Sorry Andy I missed that, I just thought that when you didn't bother him he wasn't open but fook that as I said enough is enough you've been too nice already and he's taking the piss that's just my 2 cents not trying to sound smart or anything 👍

I agree Gordon, I would have it gone out of there ages ago. Be better off even sending it to UK to get done. Countless places over there. Would have been driving it 12 months ago

UPDATE JANUARY 4TH 2024

Got sent some pictures today. Reassembly in the process.

Stuff still to do: 1) spray and fit spoiler 2) spray and fit fog lamp covers 3) spray and fit side window mouldings

Attachments

• a0235e4b-c46d-4901-8a49-9a3ab4fe029f.jpg
    a0235e4b-c46d-4901-8a49-9a3ab4fe029f.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 54
Front bumper is not sitting right. Looks pushed in further on the drivers side. Corner light drivers side doesn't look like its sitting correctly. I'm hoping its not final placement for the bumper or light yet because its obviously not right.

UPDATE January 19th 2024

Spoke with the guy on January 5th. Explained how we are into 2024 and this just has to be wrapped up now asap. He said "yeah we're just putting the jigsaw back together. She'll be ready next week (January 12th)".
Would it surprise anybody here if I said its not? because its not. He called me yesterday to say the P2000 spoiler is painted but he wants me to go look at it sitting on the boot lid before he fits it because he thinks if looks sh*t. The OEM spoiler is also painted so I can fit either. Its down to me to decide. He said he is working on just putting bits back on the car and he's finding out now that clips, push pins and trim pieces were broken when the car was striped. In the 2 years the car is there he's had half a dozen lads working for him on the car. Some quit and walked out without telling him about bits that broke or where they left parts lying around.

I can't get to the bodyshop until Monday. So I'll have a further update then. I'll take some pictures of the OEM spoiler and the P2000 spoiler on the boot lid and get feedback here on what you guys think I should do.

Hey, at least there's progress man. At this rate, you might have it by next Christmas :D.

Pity about the clips and sh*t - it's a fecking awful situation all round. I reckon the P2000 spoiler would look nice, but realistically it's gonna come down to what makes you turn your head back to look at it.

See how it goes Monday . Is it the paint looks bad it just the spoiler Hopefully it’s only clips and grommets missing that can be got off 4door cars and not typr r specific parts .

Olly would have most clips anyway 👍
Best of Luck .

See how it goes Monday . Is it the paint looks bad it just the spoiler Hopefully it’s only clips and grommets missing that can be got off 4door cars and not typr r specific parts .

Olly would have most clips anyway 👍
Best of Luck .
How it looks is what he says. It is a radical change from the OEM spoiler I'll admit.

UPDATE JANUARY 23RD 2024
(Spoiler Alert LOL )

OK guys opinions please. P2000 spoiler or factory Version 5? Couldn't get pictures from any other angle as other cars were in the way.
The guy in the bodyshop preference is to fit the factory spoiler because the P2000 will need to be bonded on but he'll do whatever I choose. He did suggest getting a second boot lid and have two boot lids with two different spoilers. But thats giving the bodyshop more work and God only knows how long it will take him to prep and paint a second boot lid.

Stuff still do do 1) spray and fit fog light covers 2) spray and fit rear side window moulding. 3) decide on a spoiler 4) final cut and polish.

Attachments

• IMG_3049.JPG
    IMG_3049.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3050.JPG
    IMG_3050.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3051.JPG
    IMG_3051.JPG