Ford Focus RS Performance Revealed: 0-62mph: 4.7 Seconds, 165mph

It looks class as is with performance to match, anyone know what the CO2 emmisions are for tax band.

Did I hear before its only coming in 5-door or will it come in 3-door too?

Don't know if there's any other factors, but that tax level puts it in the 171-190 co2 bracket, though the tax is 750 this year. Equating current exchange rates plus vat differences and 30% vrt, puts it in the region of €54,000euro.

A lot of car for the money considering how much stis used to be before co2 emmisions. Are they being built in the UK ye?

Don't know if there's any other factors, but that tax level puts it in the 171-190 co2 bracket, though the tax is 750 this year. Equating current exchange rates plus vat differences and 30% vrt, puts it in the region of €54,000euro.

A lot of car for the money considering how much stis used to be before co2 emmisions. Are they being built in the UK ye?
It won't be that much. Ford dealers are ball parking around the forty seven mark for it same the golf R and the reason for the good price is because it's going to be a world wide mass produced car in both left and right hand drive.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Don't forget though rob that irish cars before all the duty is paid are cheaper than UK cars its nit confirmed yet but it's predicted sub 50k for the Base model

wagon dec

Don't forget though rob that irish cars before all the duty is paid are cheaper than UK cars its nit confirmed yet but it's predicted sub 50k for the Base model

wagon dec
I'll give the current civic type r as an example.... It's thirty two K sterling with all the bells and whistles that's about forty three K euro give or take. Honda Ireland are quoting fifty two K for it.....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The rs with all options ticked is 33k stg

wagon dec

Looks a fantastic car can't wait to see one!
My question is how much is the poverty spec OTR price for one in for Ireland?

Consider the golf R poverty spec is 43k OTR...

Don't get me wrong if rather the RS any day but with tax and possible higher OTR price than the golf, will it be a competitor for it in the hot hatch class?
Also if the R400 is made into production what happens then?

So many questions......

Rs buyers aren't in the market for a golf in my opinion, don't get me wrong the golf is a good car but I'd day people buying the rs probably bought the mk2 which was over a grand to tax and had a list of 48910 otr for them the new rs is a bargain. As for the r400 ford will have the RS500 which is usually 50-60 bhp up on the standard rs that would put it at 395-405 bhp area so it would still be a competitor for the golf imo

wagon dec

Ford lost their bad image with the first focus, they are on a par with vw in every way and are more reliable than vw in my opinion.

wagon dec

Looks a fantastic car can't wait to see one!
My question is how much is the poverty spec OTR price for one in for Ireland?

Consider the golf R poverty spec is 43k OTR...

Don't get me wrong if rather the RS any day but with tax and possible higher OTR price than the golf, will it be a competitor for it in the hot hatch class?
Also if the R400 is made into production what happens then?

So many questions......

LOL must be ****ing depressing to spend €43k on a car and have it called poverty spec

It's already been said but the golf is relatively seriously good vale at 43k even for the poverty spec. There's not a huge amount to add on though IMO if you want to stick with manual. However serious disadvantage is a lack of a proper handbrake. Those electronic ones just ain't the same, especially for runs in the snow.

I must be getting on as the golf is growing on me all the time but the focus is savage looking.

Ford lost their bad image with the first focus, they are on a par with vw in every way and are more reliable than vw in my opinion.

wagon dec

Ok dec you know I have major respect for you? Never will change.

Now saying ford are on par with my beloved VW in every way is a huge statement!

Serious note and be honest about the RS.

Do your u think your dealer will shift 20 or more in a calendar year?

Point in question is I reckon the market is in the UK and Europe for the new RS.

Our vrt/tax will make it a no show on our roads compared to the "boring golf R"!!

Price and tax is against it out of the start gate!

How many last shape RS focus were sold here? Also how much are they?

Not being a Cnut...... Just doing some research .

I stand by that statement graham the only ford don't do as well as vw is fit and finish of the interior on every other level they are as good. In chassis dynamics and handling I would argue ford is better but that's a personal opinion.
On the saleability side no we won't sell 20 a year but the rs has never sold big numbers. Ford are appointing only about 10-15 dealers to sell the rs brand coltons is one of them.
I think saying it will be a no show is a bit harsh but yes it will sell less than the golf.
The market for the rs is now the world which is a first , this new car is more mainstream than any other rs so I think it will sell in bigger numbers I also think it has lost some of the exclusivity by building it for the world market and only building 5 door

wagon dec

Hi all

Anyone got any more definite info. on pricing in Ireland?

Been keeping an eye on fords Facebook page but nothing yet? I'm hoping it will be around golf r money..

Any views on how the awd system would compare to an sti in the snow?

Back