Ford Focus RS Performance Revealed: 0-62mph: 4.7 Seconds, 165mph

Basic price on ford Ireland Web site I'd 51k

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-13-00-29-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-13-00-29-29.png
    490.7 KB · Views: 55
Just where I work dave, only selected dealers can sell them, you have to be a premium dealer

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Even at 60k it's better value than a new sti for finish levels and tax bracket .

Really could see one of them on the drive way in few years time

Hopefully it doesn't hold value too well then I might get into one

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

8710 euro dearer witch is 20% more than the base price of the Golf R might hit sales
STi isn't a good yard stick as its unaffordable here anyway if southern registered
does the focus have a better spec ?
Im guessing it's a similar price to type R civic
pits very unusual for a vw to be cheaper
shows how aggressive vw are with the pricing on the Golf R

If I had the choice between golf r .focus rs and civic type r I'd always pick the Ford .just have a better track record of hot hatches in my opinion . Plus golf is boring to look at and civic looks like it crashed into an airfix factory and all the plastic bits stuck to it

It's a personal choice I think there all good cars
Personally id take the golf for the price and I prefer the toned down look personally
But if the RS holds its value better then that would be the better choice I'm guessing
But 20% is quiet a difference in price to pay at the start and probably the finance cost so it is considerable and when comes time to take your cash out it would surely have to be a consideration ,it would be for me anyway
I'd be interested to know price of both with a similar decent spec
Maybe there both the same price then
Civic is a bit quirky but it's a cracking car still
Hats of to the 3 manufacturers for churning these cars out as they are all wonderful machines and all icons
It really shows how far behind Subaru are for our market re. Emissions and purchase price these days
Hopefully they will catch up in the next few years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take your point totally colm .its a personal preference that will separate most buyers .Think in around that money bracket though the extra money on the focus will bother 2 many people . You could buy a well specked bm or gaudi for simular dollars

I'd pick the golf R as well. I don't think the new focus rs is anything special over the focus st looks wise. In my eyes it needs to be more aggressive looking. Look at the difference between the older st and rs. You could tell the rs was a serious machine. This one is probably even better but it just doesn't hold up looks department

I'm In the golf R corner too, until I drive an RS.
That white one above does not look nice in my opinion, looks like a high end diesel to me.

Manual box R I'd have if I was spending that money.

Would depend on how both would drive. But I think the rs will hold its value a lot better there are just so many die hard ford fans out there over very few from vw fans

Back