Subaru Levorg Import

Congratulations on the purchase. Love the levorg. Was toying with the idea of the sti version a few years back, but they were crazy money. Very interested to see vrt cost on this.
Pics please when you get it.

It's your lucky day. Free drive in the Levorg for anyone with the purchase of a Subaru Legacy.:)

New car picked up yesterday. Few photos after the clean. Some lovely imprezas out when i collected the car also.

Attachments

• 20230801_192216.jpg
    20230801_192216.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230801_203657.jpg
    20230801_203657.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230801_203627.jpg
    20230801_203627.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230801_162323.jpg
    20230801_162323.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 57
Yes great to have it home. Unfortunately it got a scratch or 2 during shipping but the shipping insurance will cover it thankfully, both should wet sand out as they're only superficial. Drove home great. I gave the car a clean and hoover and updated all the settings to english/bluetooth etc. But when i started the car and was sitting in the driveway the engine light came on along with all the Subaru eyesight and collision light remain on. From googling this seems to happen after a dead battery and the system needs to realign itself again. Strange though it was not there on the drive home. No doubt they needed to jump start the car. Link below to someone elses problem and there as as many samples similar to this if you google. What's best way to clear this? My mechanic is Ciaran is off for next week or so unfortunately. I have since driven the car about 60km to and from work but the lights remain.

Patrick in JDMauction watch passed me details to Colin Moran in Dunsany and he said it just needs a reset.

Last edited:
Got the car down to Ciaran
When he plugged it in the oxegen no.2 sensor came up. Strange as the engine light along with the eyesight has gone off but back on after a few drives. Does replacing it seem the logical option?

Wait and see would be my view .
If it keeps coming on then you will have to replace it .

have you got a date for the vrt appointment or still waiting .
How do you find it over the legacy and is there much of a difference between the auto and cvt gearbox

Thanks Joe I'll do that. Wait a little while. The fact it keeps coming and going makes it strange to me. Did the vrt last thursday so gone into revenue. They said up to 5 working days. Car is great. Very responsive with no lag at all. Serious pull when the turbo kicks in.

Other issue that arose is a slight knock in front right suspension. When i push down on the front right shock absorber only i can hear a knock. Also only hear it at very slow speed mostly only when turning. Noise coming from the same front right. Never hear it at speed. Always only below say 40km/h. Ciaran reckoned it's the absorber itself but cos it's gas he can't be sure. Said to put through NCT and see if imbalance shows. I have little patience and the noise/knocking annoys me.

Last edited:
This is the photo of inside the cover of the top mount. Those bearings don't look great. Noise deffo coming from top of strut around this area when i push down.
20230814_171740.jpg

Buy 2 top mounts then be an east fix . What klm on the car
Yes think so. 82000km, 2015. Is there way to check nothing wrong with the shock absorbers since they would be coming out while changing the top mounts. Don't want to have to change them if can avoid. Cheers Joe.

Back