2020 Toyota GR Yaris detailed - plus our prototype drive

big question is will they come out with a special edition

car is crying out for recaro seats, different rear wing and a titanium exhaust

How do they get these things out so fast? Much be fast research with sensors and engine etc.

I can understand the likes in Japan getting cars much faster like HKS or Cusco but they got this out quick! K2 Gear in Japan only got a 2021 Levorg 2 days ago and are starting research and development.

How do they get these things out so fast? Much be fast research with sensors and engine etc.

I can understand the likes in Japan getting cars much faster like HKS or Cusco but they got this out quick! K2 Gear in Japan only got a 2021 Levorg 2 days ago and are starting research and development.
I’d say there is a lot of willing owners offering up their cars for development

I think I saw somewhere that they bought their own development car, I think Litchfield got 2 so I assume that's how they get going quickly

its fast. Not sure why there hasn’t been more comparison, ford rs is the closest thing to Yaris imo thats been launched in the last few years

wonder will the sh*t fuel here have much of an impact

And that’s the difference between a car built to be the best it can be at everything it does and a car built on a computer with a few box’s ticked for effect . And I’m not having a go at the rs . It’s nearly all the latest stuff .
Golf r , Cupa r i30n , brz, , supra all fell well short of expectations when they were launched and driven .
the Yaris in my opinion is the first great car since the Impreza sti and lancer evo . That has stepped up to the mark of a proper rally car for the road .

agree 100%. at least the rs has a sophisticated awd system although I think the new golf r has a new system too, compared to the old Halifax one
I saw one of the promotional videos for the gr and the head Toyota guy seemed to be dishing the supra himself in it.
The yaris is not practical at all unfortunately but you can't tick all the boxes.

the next question is which colour to go for🙈

other big.plus imo is the gr has going is it's a jap car so probably better build quality

I concur 🙂

Red is lovley

Attachments

• 2021-Toyota-GR-Yaris-1024x737.jpg
    2021-Toyota-GR-Yaris-1024x737.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3
Back