2020 Toyota GR Yaris detailed - plus our prototype drive

Is it that that high
I'm 6 2 and it's just about ok, no way I could fit with a helmut though

and I have an early rs where there is a lot of comments that's the seating position is too high, yaris felt higher to me, albeit based on sitting in it briefly

just to add, maybe I'm getting old but there are advantages to high seating position including having better visibility for overtaking etc.
You're like my mother and high seating positions. Part of why she got a Skoda Kamiq.

I personally like a high seating position
Think being too low makes it awkward for me anyway being 6'6"
You might think that's backwards because of head room, but low seating cars, you have to put your seat back as far as it can go just to have leg room, and even at that, the steering wheel can be a nuisance.
Had an EG Civic before, not the lowest seating position, but feckin awkward like. Getting in and out would mean I'd have to work around the wheel to get in, and my right knee would be touching both the wheel and the drivers door card making long journeys uncomfortable.
You know, your legs should be under the steering wheel, not beside it lol
And, when the seat is as far back as it can go, your arms are nearly at full stretch to reach the wheel and when you look out the window, you end up looking out the back window or looking at the door pillar lol

Impreza are good like that, nice high position, plenty leg room. Would be better if I didnt have a sunroof tho looking back at it...
Need a lot of room in the cabin I do, then its all good lol

Remember I went to the drift day in mondello few years back, was drifting in the 350Z, couldn't fit in the car with the helmet so I had to do it without lol

I personally like a high seating position
Think being too low makes it awkward for me anyway being 6'6"
You might think that's backwards because of head room, but low seating cars, you have to put your seat back as far as it can go just to have leg room, and even at that, the steering wheel can be a nuisance.
Had an EG Civic before, not the lowest seating position, but feckin awkward like. Getting in and out would mean I'd have to work around the wheel to get in, and my right knee would be touching both the wheel and the drivers door card making long journeys uncomfortable.
You know, your legs should be under the steering wheel, not beside it lol
And, when the seat is as far back as it can go, your arms are nearly at full stretch to reach the wheel and when you look out the window, you end up looking out the back window or looking at the door pillar lol

Impreza are good like that, nice high position, plenty leg room. Would be better if I didnt have a sunroof tho looking back at it...
Need a lot of room in the cabin I do, then its all good lol

Remember I went to the drift day in mondello few years back, was drifting in the 350Z, couldn't fit in the car with the helmet so I had to do it without lol
I'm only 6 2 but would always avoid a sun roof. having sat in the yaris there is not way I'd fit comfortably with a helmut.

again i think there are advantages to sitting higher up but less useful for track driving I'd guess

Yes agree that's really nice 👌

Attachments

• polish-toyota-dealer-installs-oz-wheels-on-gr-yaris-instant-rally-vibes_2.jpg
    polish-toyota-dealer-installs-oz-wheels-on-gr-yaris-instant-rally-vibes_2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 8
  • polish-toyota-dealer-installs-oz-wheels-on-gr-yaris-instant-rally-vibes-152313_1.jpg
    polish-toyota-dealer-installs-oz-wheels-on-gr-yaris-instant-rally-vibes-152313_1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 8
Back