Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my own in limerick gave a small deposit as he had booked nct deal was he get done kept his word couldn?t have bought it off a nicer chap it?s not uncommon to buy a car and wait for nct. There?s just always a few bad ones out there struggling through life trying to rip people off where ever they can

Yeah but you gave a deposit, would you have paid full price for the car in good faith to a lad you spoke to for ten minutes? Lol
There is a stigma attached to prospect as said already, that to me would be enough to deter.

I understand that it may be a select few and 90% of people in the area wouldn't do it but.. I think it was ever so slightly too trusting to pay for a car and walk away..

Didn?t realize that was full price. I?d use my better judgment I like you say Eoin small deposit in that case is enough

Well it said he looked for money upfront, so I presume that's full payment for the car, otherwise it'd just be a deposit.
We've all made mistakes tho, I sold a GT Starlet to a lad years ago who was meant to pay me off over next few weeks. Was a good friend of mine at the time even, but I was 12 months at least collecting dribs and drabs, you can't be too careful when it comes to money, families have fallen out over it.

I bought my car in Cork. Went to see it, gave him a deposit and told him I?d be back following Sunday. He waited and kept contact throughout the week periodically. Collected following weekend with full payment. Some people can be really good sellers.

By no means justifying it but in fairness he was asking for it. Why would you hand over money for a car to stranger and leave it and the taxbook behind you?
Also not exactly shocked considering the seller is from Prospect in Limerick, wouldn't be the most affluent part of the city!

Terrible generalisation there James

That's Limerick City Kid
843b04c25321a72e3b39cad35fe5ba88.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah come on lads, has common sence just left the fooking country or am I just old, paid for a car upfront in prospect limerick, leaves it and expects to see it again, madness

By no means justifying it but in fairness he was asking for it. Why would you hand over money for a car to stranger and leave it and the taxbook behind you?
Also not exactly shocked considering the seller is from Prospect in Limerick, wouldn't be the most affluent part of the city!

+1

a fool and his money are easily parted

hash but true
lucky it was only 600e

Its a hard lesson learnt in fairness.
Plenty of people out there trying to catch people and anyone who thinks otherwise is not living in the real world.

Ah come on lads, has common sence just left the fooking country or am I just old, paid for a car upfront in prospect limerick, leaves it and expects to see it again, madness

I concur

My thoughts exactly lol

Actually comes up as type UK say the calipers were painted as it's a show car even if it's a shite example of one

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back