What did you do to your car today?

7am Colm dont be still asleep like last year at least this time you can be as pissed as you like :icon_lol:

Cheers joe see you then :thumbsup:
 
Got the braking fluid changed to RBF 660

Did the track/fast road 4 wheels alignment with +0.08 on every wheel.

Just came back from preloading the newly fitted BC coilovers. Gonna be learning to drive it with all new setup tomorrow :D
 
Codders said:
Got the braking fluid changed to RBF 660

Did the track/fast road 4 wheels alignment with +0.08 on every wheel.

Just came back from preloading the newly fitted BC coilovers. Gonna be learning to drive it with all new setup tomorrow :D what do u think of the bc`s also who done your 4 wheel alignment?
 
I think they're brilliant.
I've had experience with many coilovers and most of them were too hard making them tough for every day driving.

I took the standard 5kg/4kg springs rate and with up to 5 clicks of hardness adjustment they are as soft as standard sti suspension..
The only thing is that they made a positive camber on the rear wheels, even if the car is lowered, so its a good idea to invest in camber bolt set and fit in the rear.

Great build quality, great value for money and aftersale service from Apex (bc distributor as well) - after I found out one of my springs on front strut has different amount of coils, even if they said it shouldn't make much difference, they still sent me a coil free of charge, so I could have them equal.

I have the tracking done in FAST FIT in Cork.
Deanrock Business Park, Togher, Cork.
 
Codders said:
I think they're brilliant.
I've had experience with many coilovers and most of them were too hard making them tough for every day driving.

I took the standard 5kg/4kg springs rate and with up to 5 clicks of hardness adjustment they are as soft as standard sti suspension..
The only thing is that they made a positive camber on the rear wheels, even if the car is lowered, so its a good idea to invest in camber bolt set and fit in the rear.

Great build quality, great value for money and aftersale service from Apex (bc distributor as well) - after I found out one of my springs on front strut has different amount of coils, even if they said it shouldn't make much difference, they still sent me a coil free of charge, so I could have them equal.

I have the tracking done in FAST FIT in Cork.
Deanrock Business Park, Togher, Cork.

Same setup on my wagon man , I was watching yours on track seemed to be handling really well. As regards the rear when I was getting my alignment done Ali burrows elongated the top holes on the strut to get the negative camber rather than me spending €175 on the bc adjustable rear top mounts or camber bolts.
 
I have a rear Whiteline Antirollbar but only 20mm thick.. It's adjustable so I chose the hardest setting (some say it makes it like a 22mm one on a softest setting)
Still on the standard front antirollbar but with whiteline droplinks all around.

I have the front 22mm adjustable whiteline sitting at home, I didn't fit it because I wanted a bit tighter back rather than the front to prevent understeering. Now I'm a bit sorry I hadn't fitted it, as it would have made the car more stable. And less roll on the front would be great I think..

Will be fitting anti lift kit and replacing rear arb to 24mm so next year it's gonna be mint :D

Your wagon was very fast on bends yesterday as well :thumbsup:
 
Codders said:
I have a rear Whiteline Antirollbar but only 20mm thick.. It's adjustable so I chose the hardest setting (some say it makes it like a 22mm one on a softest setting)
Still on the standard front antirollbar but with whiteline droplinks all around.

I have the front 22mm adjustable whiteline sitting at home, I didn't fit it because I wanted a bit tighter back rather than the front to prevent understeering. Now I'm a bit sorry I hadn't fitted it, as it would have made the car more stable. And less roll on the front would be great I think..

Will be fitting anti lift kit and replacing rear arb to 24mm so next year it's gonna be mint :D

Your wagon was very fast on bends yesterday as well :thumbsup:

Yeah lads rave about the rear arb's. I have not addressed anything like that on mine yet. Ideally I need the roll center kit as the car is quite low and has some bump steer, anti lift kit and maybe a different rear arb.

Thanks,I was very happy with the Michelin pilot sport 3's wet and dry grip was great
 
more camber on the rear
IMG_8490.jpg
 
5door bullet said:
keith dublin said:
As above bit much for road car
Some crack testing it out :653:

still more to go, sure there only tyres, its not hard to get more lol

Why would ya bother though , ruining tires for looks and ruining the handling of the car :ponder2:

Hella flush .............Hella Fcuk Off
 
BazGF8 said:
5door bullet said:
keith dublin said:
As above bit much for road car
Some crack testing it out :653:

still more to go, sure there only tyres, its not hard to get more lol

Why would ya bother though , ruining tires for looks and ruining the handling of the car :ponder2:

Hella flush .............Hella Fcuk Off
:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: just had a laugh out loud moment and everyone in the library looked at me, you bastid baz :angry1: :icon_grin:
 
fitted new wiper blades . its surprising how happy new wiper blads can make you feel as you watch them swoosh for the first time .




note to self : must get out more !

@ baz , lol with yer "hella fu*k off"
 
Back
Top